Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Insanity of Multiples

With the holidays and family visiting the blog has been a bit neglected. I do have a year in review post that I started and I'm hoping I'll be able to finish while it is still relevant.

Christmas Eve we spent with my in laws. It is nice having both families so close because we can see everybody over the holidays. There was lots to eat and lots of presents to open. The girls slept through their first round of opening presents, all that adoration is exhausting!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Christmas was spent with my family. We ate more food and opened more presents. L slept through the festivities but S hates to miss out on anything and spent time circulating the room helping everyone open their presents.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

making growl faces with Aunt E
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The girls were spoiled and got lots of fun new toys and outfits. Their big present from Santa was an exersaucer. S is already having a good time with it since she is better at sitting up relatively unassisted. She doesn't spend a lot of time in it, mostly a few minutes here and there when I think it would be fun. They got a stroller (it was my present too!) from Grandma and Grandpa, and high chairs, a bunch of small toys and outfits in 6m from Nana and PopPop. They got outfits from their uncle and aunt and toys from their other aunt. It was all very exciting and exhausting.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

On the 27th the girls were baptized. My husband's whole family came, even 2 relatives from California, plus one of my aunts and her family and my grandmother. It was quiet the circus but lots of fun to see everyone. We were glad so many people could make it to see the girls. It was a big production getting two babies dressed in their gowns and undressed and baptized and then hauling all their "stuff" from location to location. I guess that is all part of the joy of having two infants.

our family
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

L being baptized
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

S being baptized (she cried through the whole ceremony)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

L in the lace dress my aunt hand knit (they were beautiful)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

S in dress
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment