Monday, April 19, 2010

When Did I Become a Mommy?

Ok so I know technically this happened last year or 7 months ago, depending on who you are. When it technically happens does really sink in. I've been a mommy and enjoyed being a mommy. I love my babies so much, but every once in a while I have "holy cow I'm a mom" moments.

So what made me really feel like a mommy?
Not changing diapers
giving medicine
doing laundry
washing bottles
wiping snot with my bare hand and wiping it on my jeans (my children how snot issues, I love them anyway)
Not the hugs, kisses, snuggles, rocking
not the breaking up fights
the "chatting"
laughing or watching them learn

Nope none of that. Although I have enjoyed all of that.

Today I was standing at the sink while the girls were playing in their swing and exersaucer. As I stood their washing the vomit out of a baby doll I had that "I'm a mom" moment. I realized I will spend the next 20 years (or my mom claims at least 26) taking care of these people. It wasn't a this sucks moment, but more of a realization or perhaps an acceptance. It might be hard, this mommy business, but it sure is a blast. Certainly an always changing, never ending, exciting challenge.

1 comment:

  1. I think all of us feel the same. Besides it is a great experience.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete