Friday, October 19, 2012

Big Steps

In preparation of the girls starting preschool this fall I decided it was time to make sure they got some milestones checked off their lists.  Namely this meant potty training and good bye pacis. 

We had basically been potty training off and on, kinda, since they turned two.  They would run around with barely anything on and I would argue with them about going on the potty.  Finally in August I decided we needed to just do it.  No more pull ups or diapers except to bed.  It worked, they used the potty.  We practiced pulling our pants up and down and wiping and we did it.  Going to preschool has really helped finalize this.  We still have occasional accidents when we are busy playing but no accidents at preschool!  In the car the other day Sophie yelled out, "I have to go to the bathroom!"  "Can you hold it?"  "Um maybe."  Usually she says I have to go and then goes.  So I pulled over at the next place that showed up- 7-11.  They only had an employee bathroom, but maybe because I looked so frantic and pathetic holding on to two little people's hands they let me take her in the bathroom.  So we decided to spend some money in thanks.  I was going to just buy a water, yeah we ended up with cheetos and oreos too.  But she made it!  Potty training has its downside but I like them being out of diapers it really does make it easier.

The paci thing I might regret though.  We had to take Sophie to the doctor for a rash around her face and the doctor said get rid of them.  She and I made a big deal about how the girls were too big and we needed to send our pacis to the babies that came to the dr.  So I went home and they helped pack up their pacis in a pretty bag and we set it by their bed so the paci fairy could come and take the pacis to the doctor.  Well the paci fairy left a lovely surprise and the pacis disappeared.  It took Lily a day and she was over it, it took Soph a week or so and we have forgotten about them.  In the mean time though they are awful sleepers now.  They wake up at least once a night each.  Which means mommy is up twice a night.  I might be ready to give the pacis back.  It has gotten a little better in the last few days though, but Lily insists on us leaving the light on now.

bye bye paci

Hello no sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment