Friday, December 18, 2009

How Quickly We Forget

So we are really lucky. Our girls started sleeping through the night at around 8 weeks old (they would go about 6 hours between feeding them.) They are now almost 14 weeks and they sleep 10-11 hours at night. I give all credit for this to a book called Baby Wise. Every new mom should read it.

I was going through my email trying to find pictures so I searched for my mom because she and I have sent lots of pictures back and forth. I found all these emails that I sent to her when the girls were newborns. Every morning for the first month or so I sent her updates on how our night went.

How quickly I forgot how bad those first nights were!
"Things were better last night. We had some trouble getting L down but finally did around midnight. S slept like a champ. L was a bit more fussy. We slept from midnight to 3 and then had trouble with L but then got more sleep around 5. It wasn't bad." (10 days old)

"we had a very long night last night. Neither girl was very interested in going right to bed after eating and both were very fussy. We played the pacifier game, the sit there and stare at you game, the scream at the top of your lungs for no reason game (personal favorite). I didn't sleep until 2:30 then slept through the 3:30 feeding, which J took. I then did the 5:30 and went to bed again at 7. I'm currently looking at Miss S's bright eyes from her bouncy chair. I hope tonight is better." (13 days old)

"we need to figure out how to convince S to sleep at night. S was up until 2 again. This is becoming a habit evidently.Then L had gas and I was up with her until 5. Thank god J took the 7 feeding. I think I finally got 3 hours from 5-8 and only about an hour before that, but broken up.
I love them but the twins thing and sleep sucks." (15 days old)

"someone forgot to tell S it was Mommy's birthday. Or she decided to celebrate by having a party all night. We were up from 12-5 with her. She was not interested in sleeping. L was fine although now she is a little fussy but I think she is gassy." (23 days old)


I thought last night was bad because I had to get up and put pacifiers back in 3 times. It's nice to have a reality check sometimes!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
S and L as newborns

No comments:

Post a Comment